Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Winged Liner

I'm really lacking beauty posts on this blog. I've realized I've done mostly nail related posts so if you followed for makeup, beauty, etc. I'm sorry(:

I'm working on it.

I think the most classic eye look besides the smokey eye, which I have yet to master, is winged liner. A lot of people have trouble with this, including me sometime. But this time I really liked the turnout so I thought i'd give some tips(:

Tip 1: Pinterest! I found lots of helpful tutorials and looks on pinterest to inpsire me!

Tip 2: Practice! I've failed at this look many times and it takes me awhile to get a flick I actually like so just keep trying!

Tip 3: Try different techniques! There are many ways to do winged liner. If starting with the wing doesn't work for you try starting at the center of your eye lid or beginning!

Tip 4: If you want a really sharp edge use tape!

Tip 5: Use a thin eye liner brush or angled eye brush!

Tip 6: Follow the natural shape of your eye! If you want a thin natural looking wing just draw a thin line but extend the line past the end of your eye!

Tip 7: Use liquid eye liner or gel liner! If you want you can try pencil but I prefer either of those too!

Tip 8: Add your own touch! Try tracing the wing with gold eye liner or making a double wing!

Hope these tips helped(:

No comments:

Post a Comment